The directorate is composed of four departments and one section;
- ICT department
- Research Services Department
- Hansard department
- Research department
- Communication Services
- Library Section
The department is headed by a Principal ICT Officer.
The major functions of the department are;
(a)Network and Internet Connectivity
(b)E-Parliament system management
(d)Acquisition of ICT equipment and related Accessories
(e)Repair and maintenance of ICT equipment
(f)ICT Users Support
(i)Biometric system management
(j)Facilitating virtual Meetings
Research Services Department
The department is headed by a Principal Research Officer.
It provides evidence based and non-partisan professional legislative research assistance and analysis to the Board, Members of County Assembly (MCAs), Committees and Staff of the Assembly.
Roles and responsibilities of research officers
- Provision of non-partisan professional research assistance and analysis to MCAs, Committees and Staff of the Assembly.
- Provision of technical advice and support to County Assembly Committees.
- Provision of expert interpretation, explanations and analysis of policies.
- Undertaking auxiliary research on matters of County importance.
- Maintaining a periodically updated inventory of publications on current issues, legislation and major public policy issues/questions (Knowledge management).
Nyandarua County Assembly library was established in 2015 and is an integral information resource to the Members of the County Assembly and Staff. It assists users in accessing information resources/services within the library as strives to meet the uses expectations. It assists the County Assembly achieve its mission by providing ready, accessible and relevant information for decision making and implementation. External users can access information resources with authority from the Office of the Clerk
Objective of the library
Selection and acquisition of relevant information resources
Processing and organizing information resources for ease of access and retrieval by library users.
To address information needs of Nyandarua County Assembly Library users to enable them make effective use of available information resources.
Collaborate with other Libraries for information and resource sharing
To enhance a better integration of information services within the County Assembly
Services offered in the library.
The library shall offer the following services to Members of the County assembly, staff and other external users:
- Information and reference/research assistance
- User referral to a different library
- Document acquisition and delivery.
- Charging and discharging of information resources
- Technical services i.e. Cataloguing and Classification
- Library research instruction/ information literacy
- Inter Library Loan services
- Selective Dissemination of Information
- Current Awareness Service
- Useful, dynamic library web page that provides round the clock access to resources
- Internet Services
- Remotely accessible research databases
- Reprographic services, photocopying, printing and scanning
- Book reservations
- Spacious seating area and study carrels for users
- Multi- Media services e.g. CD ROM, Audio recordings etc.
- Personalized assistance to users with Disability.
FUNCTIONS OF THE CORPORATE COMMUNICATION DEPARTMENT
1) Internal and External Communication
2) Proactive Media Reporting
3) Media Relations
4) Documentation of Events