Director of Legal, Legislative, Procedural & Committee Services
Directorate of Legal, Legislative, Procedural & Committee Services
This Directorate is composed of three departments, namely:
- Legal department
- Procedure and Committee Services department.
Each department is headed by a principal officer.
The directorate undertakes the following tasks:
- Offering procedural advice during plenary sessions in the Assembly and committee meetings.
- Providing legal advice, giving interpretations of bills and acts and representation of the Assembly in court proceedings.
- Providing secretarial services to Assembly committees.
- Drafting bills and motions.
- Conducting professional research for the County Assembly members and members of staff.
- Providing expert interpretation, explanation, and analysis of data.